The mission of The Racial Equity Task Force (RETF) is to build awareness around racial disparities and elder abuse victims of color’s historical trauma by offering transformative ideas, information, and professional experiences when working with the elder justice community and the victims they serve.
We will realize our mission through the following pathways:
- Deepening our understanding of the racial domination system and colonialism. We aim to understand how racist practices and color-blind systems are generated and how white privilege impedes efforts for racial justice, inhibiting services to elder abuse survivors.
- Enhancing our skills to improve elder justice responses to survivors of color. We will learn best practices and sound theory to overcome racism, sharing models, skills, tools, approaches, programs, and procedures.
- Creating and or enhancing learning opportunities where we share our knowledge and skills around anti-racism work within the elder justice sphere with other individuals and organizations.
- Committing to utilizing culture-informed skills and knowledge in our professional interactions and activities.
- Utilizing our organizational networks to strengthen and expand our outreach, influence, and effectiveness.