Date(s) - 11/19/2012
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Futures Without Violence, formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund, has been working with home visitation programs and providing domestic violence training and education for more than a decade. In this event co-sponsored by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Office of Women’s Health, Family Violence Prevention and Services Program and Futures Without Violence, the portion of the curriculum developed through these partnerships and related to screening, assessment and safety planning will be presented. New federal benchmarks for home visitation require that programs document screening and track referrals, and this webinar will help home visitors understand how to screen, refer, and document these activities as part of routine programming.
Specifically, Futures will review the following during the webinar:
1. Brief overview of Healthy Moms/Happy Babies curriculum
2. Successes/challenges for domestic violence assessment with clients.
3. How to discuss limits of confidentiality prior to screening clients for domestic violence.
4. How to use the safety card and the evidenced based “Relationship Assessment Tool” to screen clients for domestic violence.
5. Action steps in a safety plan that a client can take if she feels unsafe
Speakers will include Rebecca Levenson, Senior Policy Analyst, Futures Without Violence, Laura Alfani, Idaho’s Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program and Surabhi Kukke, Director of Prevention Programs, Texas Council on Family Violence.
For more information on this event, please contact Vedalyn DeGuzman at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, please click here.
For those who are registered and are planning to participate, the call-in information can be found below:
Primary Dial-In: 1-888-447-7153
Alternate Dial-In: 1-719-387-1138