Family gatherings are more commonplace in December, and older adults without families can experience more acute social isolation. Since isolation is both a risk factor for and a consequence of elder abuse, we decided to ask you - our social media followers and colleagues - to commit to speaking with an older adult in December. Our hope was that, by sharing this campaign, we could support older adults and contribute towards the prevention of elder abuse during the 2017 holiday season. More →
During Year 1, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to oversee the two EMDTs in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Each team meets twice per month to assess and respond to complex cases of elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Provide case consultations to the teams and to professionals in the community.
- Provide in-service trainings to professionals in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Create a replicable, sustainable, high quality model. (We don’t want to scale problems!)
- Work with stakeholders in Queens, the Bronx and SI to bring teams to those boroughs in 2018.
During Year 2, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to provide team, case consultation and training services in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Start teams in Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island by Summer 2018
- Deliver case consultation and training services to Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island by Fall 2018.
During Year 3, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to deliver MDT, case consultation and training services in all the boroughs.
For more information about NYCEAC’s Elder Abuse MDTx:
- Click here for a Powerpoint about the MDTx.
- Contact Risa Breckman at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-746-1674.