Welcome to the NYC Elder Abuse Center’s (NYCEAC) Field Guide: News and Resources for Elder Justice Professionals blog. We've selected and analyzed the most helpful articles and resources relevant to elder justice professionals for January and February 2018. More →
During Year 1, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to oversee the two EMDTs in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Each team meets twice per month to assess and respond to complex cases of elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Provide case consultations to the teams and to professionals in the community.
- Provide in-service trainings to professionals in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Create a replicable, sustainable, high quality model. (We don’t want to scale problems!)
- Work with stakeholders in Queens, the Bronx and SI to bring teams to those boroughs in 2018.
During Year 2, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to provide team, case consultation and training services in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Start teams in Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island by Summer 2018
- Deliver case consultation and training services to Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island by Fall 2018.
During Year 3, NYCEAC will:
- Continue to deliver MDT, case consultation and training services in all the boroughs.
For more information about NYCEAC’s Elder Abuse MDTx:
- Click here for a Powerpoint about the MDTx.
- Contact Risa Breckman at email@example.com or at 212-746-1674.