Welcome to the NYC Elder Abuse Center’s (NYCEAC) Field Guide: News and Resources for Elder Justice Professionals blog. We've selected and analyzed the most helpful articles and resources relevant to elder justice professionals for January and February 2018. More →
The NYC Elder Abuse Center aims to prevent abuse and assist people 60 and over who are abused or at risk of abuse – as well as their family members, friends, neighbors, caregivers and witnesses. We do this by helping to improve how professionals, organizations and systems respond to their needs – and by developing direct services to meet unmet needs.
NYCEAC’s Core Services
- Develop innovative solutions to elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Coordinate and facilitate multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide case consultations to professionals assisting victims of elder abuse.
- Access hard-to-find specialists for MDTs and case consultations.
- Raise awareness through 1:1 conversations, workshops and in-service trainings.
- Engage professionals and others through the Elder Justice Dispatch Blog and other social media vehicles.
We envision a caring community in which all older adults live with dignity and well-being, free from abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.