NYCEAC is #CounteringIsolation During the holiday season, family gatherings are more commonplace and yet older adults can experience more acute social isolation. Isolation is both a More →
The NYC Elder Abuse Center aims to prevent abuse and assist people 60 and over who are abused or at risk of abuse – as well as their family members, friends, neighbors, caregivers and witnesses. We do this by helping to improve how professionals, organizations and systems respond to their needs – and by developing direct services to meet unmet needs.
NYCEAC’s Core Services
- Develop innovative solutions to elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Coordinate and facilitate multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide case consultations to professionals assisting victims of elder abuse.
- Access hard-to-find specialists for MDTs and case consultations.
- Raise awareness through 1:1 conversations, workshops and in-service trainings.
- Engage professionals and others through the Elder Justice Dispatch Blog and other social media vehicles.
We envision a caring community in which all older adults love with dignity and well-being, free from abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.