One in ten older adults are victims of elder mistreatment each year. Many of them are injured physically, devastated emotionally, and hurt financially. But there is another large group of underserved people also suffering along with the elder abuse victims -- the friends and family who offer support. More →
The NYC Elder Abuse Center aims to prevent abuse and assist people 60 and over who are abused or at risk of abuse – as well as their family members, friends, neighbors, caregivers and witnesses. We do this by helping to improve how professionals, organizations and systems respond to their needs – and by developing direct services to meet unmet needs.
NYCEAC’s Core Services
- Develop innovative solutions to elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Coordinate and facilitate multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide case consultations to professionals assisting victims of elder abuse.
- Access hard-to-find specialists for MDTs and case consultations.
- Raise awareness through 1:1 conversations, workshops and in-service trainings.
- Engage professionals and others through the Elder Justice Dispatch Blog and other social media vehicles.
We envision a caring community in which all older adults live with dignity and well-being, free from abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.